The Woodchuck Summer Music Festival Camping Checklist
June 9, 2014
There’s camping, and then there’s… Festival Camping. There’s nothing like posting up in a field (or parking lot), living out of your car, and spending four days rocking to the sounds of your favorite music. Can it get dirty? Definitely. Does Mother Nature always cooperate? Of course not… but MAN is it fun. With Bonnaroo just around the corner, we’ve started putting together our packing list for the festivals ahead. Not only do we Give A ‘Chuck™ about the great music and ice cold Woodchuck® at ‘Roo, but there are some essentials we definitely Give A ‘Chuck about having in our (hopefully waterproof) duffel. To make the weekend that much more AWESOME, here’s the Woodchuck Festival Camping Checklist.
For on-site lodging
- Tent – Try for one meant for at least 1 more person than will actually be using (room for your stuff!)
- Tarp – No one likes to wake up in a grassy puddle
- Sleeping bag/mattress pad – If you decide to catch some zzz’s.
- Pillow – Much easier to help rest that head (even though your brain will still be in dancing mode)
- Head lamps – It is okay if you’re still afraid of the dark…
- Camping lamps – Again…It gets dark at night, but the party doesn’t stop.
- Fold-up chairs – Gotta rest those jumping feet at some point
- Camping stove – Have to keep up that strength!
- Coffee Percolator – Or check out these other great options to make that morning joe!
- Cooler – Doesn’t hurt to take two either… one for food, one for beverages!
- Flag/tapestry/eye-catching object – Make sure there’s a landmark so you can spot your campsite from a far. In fact, bring two and a pole to put that landmark on top of so you can spot your friends in the crowd.
So you’ll be looking gooood… and be comfortable
- Extra socks – Because wet socks are the worst.
- Hat – Bonnaroo is almost always sunny and hot. Protect your dome and eyes.
- Hair ties – Girls (and long haired guys): you know this one’s important!
- Sweatshirt – On the off chance it rains or gets chilly, a sweatshirt is a great creature comfort.
- Rain Jacket – We know you don’t want to jinx it, but definitely worth it anyway.
- Sunglasses – Maybe an extra pair as well, someone in your group will be grateful!
For your hygiene and respecting the senses of those around you.
- Dry Shampoo – Awesome for even the day-to-day!
- Wet wipes – They ALWAYS come in handy. Trust us. Bonnaroo can get dusty. When you don’t have a shower readily available a wet wipe can be a life saver.
- Hand sanitizer – Always good to have some on hand (no pun intended).
- Deodorant – If not for you, for the person you’re bunking with…
- Sunscreen – Seriously on this one. Tans are great, but burning is never fun.
- Bug spray – Who wants those itchy welts?
- Toothbrush and toothpaste – It will feel great after that late night grilled cheese dosed with hot sauce!
- First-Aid Kit – Make your own! DIY First-aid kit.
- Jugs of water – Hydrate, cook, shower. But mostly HYDRATE.
- Towel – Dry off, sit on, warm up, or even build a canopy!
- Toilet paper – Well… you know.
- Trash Bags – Don’t be “that campsite” that throws their trash on the ground.
- Spray air freshener – Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh laundry (even if it’s fake).
- A solar camping shower – Also called a shower in a bag. These handy five gallon water containers will keep you clean and feeling refreshed each morning.
If you want to be the go-to person
- Jumper Cables – Someone will be rocking out to their car radio too long!
- Bottle opener – Sometimes the lighter isn’t doing the trick.
- Cards – Always nice to have during some down time at your campsite.
- Corn hole – Yup. Everyone will love you.
Want to bring Woodchuck to the farm or any other music festival you’re headed to this summer? Be sure to hit the Cider Locator for all the spots to pick some up along the way to the show!Back to Blog