Woodchuck Cider Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes!
May 24, 2016
Things to keep in mind when planning your weekend BBQ dishes…
- Make it gluten-free – 30% of American adults try to avoid gluten.
- Have it include chocolate – I mean…come on. It’s chocolate.
Since we know that’s not always easy, we’re here to help (and we bet you can guess our special ingredient). Get ready to be THAT person at the party… and by THAT person, we mean the one that brought the delightful GLUTEN-FREE, CHOCOLATE dessert made with WOODCHUCK® HARD CIDER! Check out the recipe!
Woodchuck® Cider Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Ingredients (for cupcakes… get creative with the garnish!)
- 1 cup – Your favorite Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup – Sugar
- 1/3 cup – Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- ½ tsp – Baking Powder
- ½ tsp – cinnamon
- ½ tsp – Salt
- ½ cup – Milk
- 2 tbsp – vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp – vanilla extract
- ¼ cup – Woodchuck® Hard Cider
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease the bottom of your muffin pan, or fill with cupcake liners.
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients: Gluten-Free all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and egg until frothy. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Take the whisked mixture and slowly combine with the dry ingredients. As you stir in the frothy ingredients, slowly stir in the Woodchuck Hard Cider. (The final mixture will be thin, so don’t be alarmed!)
- Fill the muffin pan with the batter, and pop right into the preheated oven! Cook the cupcakes for 16-19 minutes. (Stick a toothpick or butter knife into one of the muffins to see if it comes out dry.)
- Let sit for 5 minutes before taking the cupcakes out of the tray, and then let sit until fully cooled. Decorate with your preferred garnish (yes, we chose slices of apples!) and let the party begin!
Find your favorite cider with our Locator, and let the weekend festivities begin!
Back to Blog