5 things not to miss at Wakarusa 2014!
June 4, 2014
Wakarusa is here! We are so excited to return as a sponsor of the one of our favorite music festivals and groove to the great music over the next few days. Our friends over at the festival gave us a heads up on what to check out while we’re here, and we wanted to share it with all of you. For all you festival go-ers out there, here are 5 things not to miss at the Wakarusa Music Festival 2014 to refresh your festival traditions.
1. Costume Contest – On Friday, Wakarusa hosts a costume contest! Wear your costume all day, as undercover Waka staff will be out and about, choosing finalists to receive golden tickets. There will also be a parade for everyone starting at 7:15 p.m. by the Main General Store (closest to the Main Stage). The parade will be led by the Vibetribe! This is just one of many fun activities planned for Waka 2014!
2. The Waterfall – Follow the trail for a short hike through scenic Mulberry Mountain in the Arkansas Ozarks to find one of the hidden gems of Wakarusa; the waterfall! It’s beautiful and the pool below is a popular place for a dip in the cool water on a hot day!
3. Non-profit Partners – Wakarusa is proud to host a number of national and local non-profit organizations with booths set up on-site at the festival! Stop by and learn more about all the great work these groups are doing!
4. Shakedown Street – Wakarusa has a bevy of cool shops and food vendors at multiple locations throughout the festival! Be sure to check out the Wakarusa Merchandise Tent, The Midway, Revival Village and Campground Vending to see everything Wakarusa has to offer!
5. Art Installations – Wakarusa 2014 is going to be better than ever for so many reasons! Among them, the amazing art installations throughout the festival! Check out gorgeous works of art and astounding performing artists between bands!
It’s going to be an amazing time on Mulberry Mountain and we can’t wait to see you all. Come see us at the beverage stands around the festival grounds and let’s raise up an ice-cold Woodchuck and toast to Wakarusa 2014! It’s time to Give a ‘Chuck about refreshing traditions!Back to Blog