10 things you might not know about CAGE THE ELEPHANT!
June 4, 2015
August 22nd… it’s on. For the second year in a row, we’re turning the backyard of our Cidery into an epic music bash. For Ciderstock 2015, we’ve got a bumpin’ lineup with local acts Kat Wright & the Indomitable Soul Band and Madaila, the upbeat sounds of New Politics, and the band of the evening… CAGE THE ELEPHANT! After checking out some great interviews and articles on our headliner, we’ve discovered some fun facts about the boys. As you get pumped up for the show, take a look at 10 things you might not know about the American rock band.
- The band is from Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- Matt Shulz (the lead singer) and Brad Shulz (the guitarist) are, you guessed it… brothers.
- In high school, Matt, Brad and Jared were involved in a band called Perfect Confusion. They were pretty great…
- In middle school, Matt was in a band called Left Nostril. (Right, in Ralph’s case)
- Before their rock star days, Brad was a telemarketer, and Matt was a plumber and worked construction.
- The 1st time they played Lollapalooza in 2007, their opener (pre-meat dress) made her debut at the festival… Lady Gaga. Now that’s pretty kick a$$.
- Their favorite movie to watch on the road: Almost Famous.
- The #1 person they would want to see in the front row of their show: Paul McCartney.
- The band that blows them away live: Queens of the Stone Age. (Their first tour was as a support act for Queens of the Stone Age in Canada.)
- Two of the things their tour bus must always be stocked with: Espresso and Rock Docs (AKA: Rock n’ Roll documentaries).
So it’s safe to say… we now love Cage the Elephant even more. Make sure you get your tickets to see them live at Woodchuck Ciderstock on August 22nd!Back to Blog