It’s National Grilled Cheese Day! A day to celebrate the beloved combination of bread, cheese, and whatever delicious extras you put on that toasty sandwich. Here at Woodchuck, there’s a combination we still find hard to beat… cheese and apples.
On an occasion such as this, we couldn’t help but call over to our friends at Cabot Creamery. As they have been making award winning cheddar cheese & other dairy products since 1919, we knew they must be the experts in the grilled cheese category.
Cabot pointed us in the right direction with their Sun dried Tomato & Sausage Grilled Cheese. Using their Extra Sharp Cheddar, sun dried tomatoes, and smoked sausage, we knew exactly what to pair it with; our Woodchuck Amber 16 oz. Cans.
Now available nation-wide, these Amber cider 4-packs are easy to grab, and perfect for on-the-go. A convenience store gem, the Amber tallboys give you even more of that same great taste. Ready to make this holiday epic? First, find your Woodchuck Amber 16 oz. Cans here then follow this great recipe from Cabot, and cheers!
SUNDRIED TOMATO & SAUSAGE GRILLED CHEESE
- 4 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter, softened
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices of any multigrain bread
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut or chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 fully cooked chicken & apple smoked chicken sausage, thinly sliced (about 16 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach and arugula mixed salad greens
- 3 ounces Cabot Vintage Choice Extra Sharp Cheddar, thinly sliced
- Preheat your griddle.
- Working in batches, butter one side of each bread slice and place bread on griddle, buttered side down. Layer evenly with sundried tomatoes, sausage, greens and cheese. Cover with remaining bread slice, buttered side up.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until bread is golden crisp and cheese is melted. (Alternatively, cook sandwiches in heavy skillet over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes per side.)
This recipe first appeared on the Cabot Cheese recipe page. Find other great recipes from Cabot here.Tweet