Woodchuck® Hard Cider
“Win a Trip to Ciderstock” Sweepstakes
Entry Period: May 1, 2016 – June 30, 2016
Winners Chosen: July 5, 2016
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN – A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED. VOID IN AK, HI, and PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE. Woodchuck Hard Cider’s “Win a Trip to Ciderstock” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to permanent, legal residents of forty-eight (48) of the United States (“U.S.”) and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and all U.S. territories and possessions and all overseas military installations) who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age as of the time of entry, with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below). All employees of Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLC and Pabst Brewing Company, LLC (“Sponsor”) and all associated agencies and each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, licensees, prize providers or agents, and all of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. Entrants must be available to travel to Middlebury, VT between August 18, 2016 and August 21, 2016.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, text CIDERSTOCK to 24587 from your mobile device, or visit www.woodchuck.com/winatriptociderstock (the “Website”) and upload a video (“Video”) or photo (“Photo”) of yourself telling or showing why you are Woodchuck’s biggest fan (“Entry”). The Video or Photo should reflect the life experiences, hobbies, skills, attitude, or activities that set you apart from everyone else. Videos must be a minimum of fifteen (15) seconds and a maximum of two (2) minutes in length. Showcasing talents, telling stories visually and dressing up are encouraged.
Limit one (1) Entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) Entry into this Sweepstakes will result in such entrant being disqualified. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entries must be received before 11:59:00 p.m. ET on June 30, 2016 to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, you are giving Sponsor: (1) the right to post your Entry, including your Video or Photo and username, on the Sweepstakes Website, Woodchuck Cider’s website, other Sponsor owned or controlled digital and social platforms, and/or other public websites (collectively, “Sweepstakes Websites”), and (2), you are assigning all ownership rights and usage rights to your Video or Photo to Sponsor. All Videos or Photos must meet all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Sweepstakes entries are the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of transmission does not constitute proof of receipt or proof of Sweepstakes Entry.
4. VIDEO OR PHOTO REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS: Video or Photo must not include any music. No collaborative or third party material is permitted in a Video or Photo unless such material is in the public domain (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media). If Sponsor is notified that any element of a Video or Photo infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) to remove or invalidate the affected Video or Photo because of infringement, that Video or Photo may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any Video or Photo that has received an award from another competition or Sweepstakes or that has been optioned or purchased by a third party is not eligible as an Entry for this Sweepstakes. Entrants must have the written permission of any third party who appears in the Video or Photo to use the Video or Photo for any purpose, including commercial purposes, but the Finalists and Winners (all of which are defined below) will be the only entrants submitting the Video or Photo (no groups). Entrants should identify themselves by first name only in the Video or Photo, if at all, and should not provide any other personally identifying information – if they do, they are releasing the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability associated with public disclosure of such information in the Video or Photo. Any person who appears in the Video or Photo must be at least twenty-one (21) years old as of time of entry.
The Video and/or Photo submitted must: be in English; be the work solely of, and totally original to the entrant; be a minimum of fifteen seconds (:15) and a maximum of two minutes (2:00) in length; and be suitable for general audiences (may not be obscene, indecent or objectionable, including but not limited to nudity, pornography, violent, illegal, irresponsible or profane depictions) in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Video or Photo content submitted must not: contain music; be in bad taste or controversial in the way it portrays any group or individuals; be derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; include images of any object, location or building with brand names or logos; contain any personal identification, such as license plate number(s), personal name(s), e-mail address(es), or street address(es) (unless it is information that belongs only to entrant, in which case entrant by including the information releases the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability associated with public disclosure of such information in the Video or Photo); mention any third party company names. Entries cannot be made by a group, business, or organization. Video or Photo will be disqualified if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that (a) Video or Photo may violate the copyright, trademark rights, right of privacy, right of publicity or other rights of a third party (this includes but is not limited to persons and products appearing in Video or Photo and the audio component of Video); (b) Video or Photo includes any content that is inappropriate or unfit for publication (i.e., hate speech, nudity or profanity); (c) intends to promote any product, cause or concern other than Woodchuck Cider; (d) disparages Sponsor’s product, the product of any competitor of Sponsor, or contains any matter that could be characterized as defamatory, libelous or scandalous; (e) portrays, condones or encourages drunk driving; (f) shows alcoholic beverages being consumed in an irresponsible, excessive or reckless manner (including but not limited to intoxicated persons), by persons who are not of legal drinking age, in the context of violent, aggressive, dangerous or anti-social behavior or that suggest that consumption of alcoholic beverages can enhance or improve one’s social status; (g) include children, things that are of appeal to children, religious themes or any curative or therapeutic claims for alcoholic beverages; or (h) promotes any illegal conduct. Without limiting the foregoing, do NOT include in Video or Photo the name, logo, trademark, brand(s) of or other references to any alcoholic beverage licensees (retailers, wholesalers, suppliers, or other licensees) other than Sponsor.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS: Sponsor grants participants the limited right to use the Woodchuck name, logo, and trademarks for the sole purpose of creating one Entry and entering same in the Sweepstakes. And, at all times, all rights in the Woodchuck name, logo and trademarks remain the sole property of Sponsor.
6. SELECTION OF FINALISTS & WINNERS: Winner will be selected by random drawing to be conducted on or about July 5, 2016 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor and all decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. The person selected as the potential winner of the Sweepstakes will be notified approximately seven (7) calendar days after the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted despite reasonable efforts to do so, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, or if potential winner declines prize, then such person shall be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries received for the random drawing.
7. PRIZES: Twenty Five (25) Grand Prizes (each a “Grand Prize”) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. No alcohol is given in this Grand Prize.
Grand Prize: Each Grand Prize will consist of: one (1) two-night/three-day trip for Winner and one (1) guest (guest must be twenty-one (21) years old and over) to Middlebury, Vermont valid only between August 19, 2016 and August 21, 2016. (i) round-trip coach class air transportation for two (2) from a major commercial airport near Winner’s residence to Burlington International Airport (BTV) (departure airport to be chosen by Sponsor in its sole discretion) OR if Winner’s residence is located within close proximity to Middlebury, Vermont (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), round-trip ground transportation selected by Sponsor for two; (ii) two (2) nights accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy) at a Burlington/Middlebury, Vermont area hotel of Sponsor’s choice; and (iii) two (2) tickets to Woodchuck® Ciderstock® Music Festival. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize is $1,370 but will vary depending on the location of Winner’s residence and the mode of transportation awarded. Total ARV of all Grand Prizes: $34,250. Grand Prize Conditions: Accommodations and travel are for two persons sharing one accommodation. Guest has no independent rights to the Grand Prize. In the event that Winner does not use any portion of the Grand Prize, there will be no extension, transfer, substitution, reimbursement, or compensation provided. Grand Prize cannot be extended beyond the valid date. Winner and guest will not be eligible for frequent flier miles, awards or other perquisites in conjunction with Grand Prize travel. If actual value of Grand Prize is less than $1,550, Winner will not receive the difference in cash.
Sponsor will determine exact travel dates in its sole discretion. If a Winner is unable to travel during the dates specified by Sponsor, Grand Prize will be forfeited and time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. Once determined, no change, extension, or substitution of travel dates and/or times is permitted, except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must have valid travel documents prior to departure. Failure to secure the necessary travel documents will result in forfeiture of Grand Prize and time permitting, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries. No other travel elements (including, without limitation, baggage fees, ground transportation (except as specifically stated herein), meals, gratuities and souvenirs) are included as part of the Grand Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates. An airline ticket will only be issued to Winner and guest. In the event of an act of God or an unforeseen, uncontrollable event, Sponsor reserves the right to reschedule all travel for a later date or time.
Finalist Prizes and Grand Prizes shall be referred to collectively herein as a “Prize” or “Prizes”. ARV of all Prizes is Thirty Four Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($34,250). All taxes on a Prize, and other expenses related to accepting and/or using a Prize not listed in these Official Rules, are the responsibility of the Finalists and Winners. Winners will receive a Form 1099 reflecting the actual retail value of the Grand Prize. Any difference stated between the ARV and the actual retail value of a Prize will not be awarded. Prizes are not transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. No substitution is allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES (INCLUDING EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY ARISING FROM USE OR REDEMPTION OF A PRIZE, AS FURTHER SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES SUSTAINED BY A FINALIST OR WINNER FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING FROM ANY PART OF TRAVEL TO MIDDLEBURY, VERMONT AND ANY PART OF A PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE(S).
8. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, and by submitting a Video or Photo into this Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant grants to Sponsor a perpetual, worldwide, unlimited, irrevocable, royalty-free license and right to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, username, city, state and biographical material, and the Video uploaded by entrant or Photo (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity, including for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval. For the Video, the Licensed Rights include but are not limited to the foregoing: the right to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit the Video or Photo and to incorporate the Video in other works in any and all markets and media worldwide in perpetuity. Entrants warrant that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor and that Sponsor’s reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Videos or Photo will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity, or create claims for defamation, false light, idea misappropriation, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, or breach of contract. Entrants further agree: (1) that Sponsor may exercise any and all rights hereunder without attribution, notification or compensation to entrants; (2) that Sponsor shall have the right to freely assign his/her rights hereunder, in whole or in part, to any other person or entity, without notification or approval by Entrant; (3) that Sponsor shall have no obligation, express or implied, to use the Video or Photo in any manner, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsor’s use or non-use of Entrant’s Video or Photo; (4) that entrants may be contacted by the Sweepstakes Entities by telephone, mail, or e-mail, regarding this Sweepstakes; and (5) to sign and deliver to Sponsor such documents as Sponsor may reasonably require to effectuate the rights granted herein.
9. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes Entities’ websites, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, irregular, misdirected or stolen entries or transmissions; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (d) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, or the selection or notification of Finalists and/or Winner. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, Sponsor may select the Finalists and/or Winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify the Entry of any individual if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is (a) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices, including without limitation, tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities and/or using or attempting to use any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods; (b) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
10. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of a Prize.
11. DISPUTES: ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY ARBITRATION. ANY AND ALL DISPUTES RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF VERMONT AND THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION, FORUM AND VENUE SHALL BE IN THE STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN VERMONT. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
13. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNER LIST REQUESTS: To obtain a copy of these Official Rules or for notification of the Finalists and/or Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Woodchuck Hard Cider’s “Win a Trip to Ciderstock” Sweepstakes Official Rules/Winner List Request, 1321 Exchange Street, Middlebury, VT 05753 Attn: Consumer Marketing Team. Requests for Finalists and/or Winners list must be received no later than two (2) months after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. VT residents may omit return postage. Communications with respect to this Sweepstakes, including requests to be removed from future mailings, should be directed to the foregoing address.
14. SPONSOR: Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLC, 1321 Exchange Street, Middlebury, VT 05753. Pabst Brewing Company, LLC, as exclusive licensee of Vermont Hard Cider Company, LLC, 10635 Santa Monica Blvd., Ste. 350, Los Angeles, CA 90025.